IF you've got a thing for Star Wars nerds...
Bonafide Star Wars nerd Matthew Latkiewicz posted a series of Star Wars inspired yoga poses on his site You Will Not Believe last year. The poses were picked up by Wired UK for this summer's July 2010 issue.
From the magazine:
"Contemplating the names of yoga poses led Matthew Latkiewicz, a lifelong Star Wars nerd, to create his own Lucasfilm-themed postures. He posted pics of himself performing some of them, including the TIE Fighter, and the Half I Am Your Father, to his blog, framed as missives to Lucas from the marketing dept.
'I loved the idea of someone pitching him branded yoga,' he says. 'There's mysticism to the films -- a lot of Jedi/yogi overlap -- so it sounds plausible. Which makes it even funnier.' His yoga is based on the original trilogy but Latkiewicz says he might create some prequel-inspired poses. 'I'd call one 'The Disappointed Fanboy'.'"
Click through for faux correspondence between Latkiewicz and Lucas.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades